Monday, February 2, 2009

Housing Crisis

I don't know very much about the recent housing crisis; at least, I didn't until I read about it. Foreclosure, the process in which the lender of a mortgage reclaims property because the borrower has not payed the mortgage, is at an all-time high in America. This housing crisis occured because many people were attracted to loans and invested too much money in houses. As adjustable rates increased, homeowners were burdened with high mortgage payments. I think that the government should be a part of helping people keep there homes because it isn't homeowners' fault that payments increased. If my house was going to be taken by a bank, I would want the government to help support me.

1 comment:

  1. I would be glad if someone would actually take responsibility for the problem. I think that some of the stimulus money should be used to help working folks get their houses back.

    ReplyDelete