Monday, March 9, 2009

Service Project

Over the summer, I worked at the 1, 2, 3 You & Me daycare. I helped little kids with their daily activities, such as coloring, reading, playing, eating, and sleeping. I found out about this project at a freshmen meeting in the auditorium. So far, I've completed about 100 hours, but I might work there some more this summer. I find this work very rewarding and fulfilling. I love working with little kids, and they always make me smile. They're so cute and lovable!! I'll always remember this one kid Reese. He had the chubbiest cheeks and was so adorable! Most of the time, I worked in the Red Room with 2 and 3 year olds. It made my day when i walked into the room and they would all say hi and give me a hug. :) Many times they would fight, but I helped teach them to be nice to one another. It was truly rewarding to work with them and help them learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment